Chevron

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

•Week 38•

37 weeks, not quite awake yet.

38 weeks. I'm like, twice this big at the end of the day (also, new haircut! 🙌🏻).

I'm currently 38 weeks and 4 days, sitting up in bed because reclining is not an option yet. A seemingly harmless ice cream sandwich is trying to come back up as molten lava. All of my previous heartburn this pregnancy has been annoying but mild...holy cats, it hurts to breathe. Oh well, now I have time to write this, hopefully it's my last pregnancy update! 

Yesterday and today I've been doing ALL THE NESTING. I don't remember ever getting the urge during Declan's pregnancy, and not this seriously with Isla's. I woke up yesterday morning with a crazy amount of energy...my house will never be close to spotless, but in the last two days I've cleaned more than I have in any of the last 9 months. 

Usually I get Braxton Hicks contractions when I'm active, but this last week I've been having some at rest also. I'm hoping that's a good sign, and helping my poor overworked uterus prepare for labor. Because I can't remember to drink raspberry leaf tea and eat dates 4 times a day, ok? I just can't. Remembering to drink water is hard enough.

Total weight gain: 20 lbs. I had to go update my driver's license today, and the lady made sure I didn't use my current weight for their records 😂
Cravings: I can't think about food, it has betrayed me.
Miss anything? Snuggling my kids in my lap, and everything else I could do before.
Movement: It's basically a 24/7 Riverdance.
Highs/Lows: Nesting energy, it has helped me feel so much more ready to have this baby/Tonight's heartburn, ugh.
Looking forward to: Whatever tomorrow holds. Hopefully more cleaning, I'm really enjoying it haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment