Chevron

Monday, August 20, 2018

•Week 35•

My hair officially reaches my bump. While I LOVE my extra-long, extra-voluminous best-thing-about-pregnancy hair, it's not going to be so fun when it starts falling out. So it's getting a big chop in a couple weeks!

Mayday, Mayday! Only 4-5 weeks left! My mind wants to be prepping and nesting like crazy, but my body is like, "NO. SIT DOWN." I've done a decent amount I guess, getting the bassinet ready in our room, washing and putting away 6 months worth of clothes, and spending all my mental energy trying to remember what having a newborn is like. But what I REALLY need to do the next few weeks is
1) Put meals in the freezer.
2) Spend time with my kids, you know, the two offspring I already have?
3) Sleep.
4) Stay off Amazon.

Goals.

Jk about that last one though. #primeforlife

Ugh, pregnancy. I wonder if my body would feel differently if this wasn't my 3rd baby in 4 years. Like, my abdominals probably look like spaghetti noodles. Just trying to stand up straight is so hard! I'm carrying this baby pretty low, so my center of gravity is also very low, making every movement extremely awkward. My poor kids just want to be outside and swing for hours, but mama's back is done after 15 minutes. Somebody invent an automatic swing-pusher, PLEASE.

Kevin has been working a ton since my last post, he's probably had 3-4 days off in the last 4 weeks, with another full week to go. It's just how it is this time of year, but man, it is tough. For everyone!

Total weight gain: 16-17 pounds.
Cravings: I haven't been very hungry lately, this baby is taking up a lot of space!
Miss anything? Sleep. Definitely sleep.
Movement: Still tons, all the time.
Highs/Lows: Any day Isla takes a nap is an extreme high, getting sweet bargains on kid stuff for fall and winter/Kevin working constantly, my social child needing to get out of the house when I don't want to (which is pretty much always).
Looking forward to: Maybe some cooler weather, please? And maybe that burst of superpower nesting energy, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment