Chevron

Saturday, July 14, 2018

•Weeks 26-30•

26 weeks, backache all the time! And it's too hot not to topknot. #mombunforlife

Wait, I'm 30 weeks??? Those last two months went crazy fast, and it's only two more months until we meet our girl! Commence freaking out.

The super awesome thing is, aside from diapers and fun extra things, there's nothing to buy! All Isla's clothes should be the right season, unless baby is extremely tiny or freakishly huge. I guess weirder things have happened. They told me at the ultrasound she was measuring a week small, but at this point who knows? 

The main thing I wanted to accomplish this summer was to get Declan day-trained to use the potty. We're at 4 weeks now and he's doing great! He'll occasionally have an accident, (most often when he's busy playing outside) but as long as I keep an eye on his fluids and prompt him to go at certain times, most days are dry! I'm super pumped to have a break from diapers, and that I won't have to have two in diapers again!

Bumpin' into the 3rd trimester at 28 weeks! Up at Horsehead Lake. Also I feel like I'm doing duck lips, completely unintentional.

We had a really fun vacation over the 4th of July at Horsehead Lake, where we've gone the last 3 out of 4 years. It's always great to spend time with extended family, (who are so gracious and generous!) but this time was definitely the easiest with the kids being a little bit older. Plus they slept well and it was just awesome to sit back and watch them have a blast! The weather was really hot, but I was able to escape to a little A/C in the cottage when I needed to.


29 weeks. Super pregnant.

Sorry if you hate bump pictures, haha. I'm feeling a little emotional these days about this probably being my last pregnancy. (I only say probably because accidents do happen, haha.)

We're gearing up for turnover season, which starts this week. Kevin has a LOT of out of town work this year, which I'm not excited about. Except for a visit to the farm next week, I'm not planning on trying to do a lot...wrangling two toddlers in public places is hard enough by myself, add being pregnant and 80+ heat every day and it quickly turns into insanity. 

Oh, one more quick thing. Declan has started acknowledging my belly...he puts his hand on it and waits for me to say "Is that your baby sister?" He says "Yeah!" It's super cute. And at least 5 times a day Isla says "Tell me if you feel the baby kicking, ok?" She'll sit there with her hand on my belly waiting for a kick, then squeals and laughs when she feels one. 

Total weight gain: 14-15 lbs 🙌🏻 
Cravings: Fruit and ice cream! Typical for summer though. 
Miss anything? Not hating pants. Anything with a waistband is the worst.
Movement:  SO MUCH. The doc at my last appointment reminded me that subsequent babies have a lot more room to keep turning and flipping later in pregnancy. She seems to be staying head down, which is awesome! Being able to visibly see her move around is a new experience for me, really cool, but also uncomfortable sometimes. 
Highs/Lows: Vacation, taking down the wall in our kitchen and making this house our own!/The first few days of potty training, the summer heat, being kept up late by lots of savage kicking.
Looking forward to: Going up north...NOT looking forward to solo parenting for basically 6 weeks. But after it's over, it'll almost be baby time!

No comments:

Post a Comment